The aim of the Association shall be:
to provide a politically impartial forum in Bosnia and Herzegovina which shall serve as a means of exchange of information between governmental bodies, in order to debate and work for the promotion of democratic, open and transparent elections.
Programme objectives of the association are:
- To organize activities for the advancement of the electoral system, monitor comparative electoral systems in democratic countries and the submission of initiatives to the legislative authorities.
- To raise the professionalism of election officials so as to advance the activities of holding of elections (education of participants in the electoral process).
- To promote open and transparent elections by means of exchange of experiences and information relating to electoral laws and procedures, technology, administrative practice and education of voters.
- To promote the principles of independence and freedom in order to end the coercion of electoral commissions and their members.
- To raise the level awareness of election officials with the highest degree of integrity, a sense of public service, knowledge of electoral processes, experience in the election process and dedication to the principles of democratic elections.
- To promote the principles of participation in the electoral process by citizens, political parties and candidates, together with politically independent civic organisations.
- To advance electoral information and research relating to elections, in order to promote public confidence in the electoral process and election results.
- To Develop civic education programmes designed to promote greater participation by citizens in election.